- Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) is transportation to and from covered non-emergency medical appointments or services, NEMT is only available when a Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) member has no other means of transportation.
- For a client to be eligible for NEMT Services they must:
- Be a current Colorado Medicaid client
- Be determined to not have access to other means of transportation including free transportation
- Require transportation to obtain a non-emergency Colorado Medicaid covered service.
- Not be within the following eligibility groups:
- Qualified Medicaid Beneficiary (QMB)
- Special Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Medicare Qualifying Individual-1 (QI-1)
- Old Age Pension- State Only (OAP-state only)
Note: CHP+ is not a Medicaid program and, therefore, is not an eligibility group.
Urgent Care Transportation
Urgent care transportation is permissible if…
A client is in need of transportation outside of normal physician office hours to a care facility but is not in an emergency event. This facility may include a Trauma Center if this is the nearest and most appropriate facility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the hours of operation?
Our office and scheduling hours are Monday – Friday 6:00am – 7:00pm. Transportation hours are 24/7
Q. Is there a limit on NEMT?
There is no limit to the number of daily trips an eligible member can receive from MedRide.
Q. Where can a member be transported using NEMT?
NEMT can only be provided to services covered by Health First Colorado. NEMT is not available for picking up prescriptions, picking up medical equipment, completing interviews or paperwork.